Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem Black box router all 1-4 lights stay lit on power up and unable to connect

This is a discussion on Sagem Black box router all 1-4 lights stay lit on power up and unable to connect within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi all, I've looked through the site but cannot find anything so was wondering if someone could help me with ...

elroberto is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sagem Black box router all 1-4 lights stay lit on power up and unable to connect

Hi all,

I've looked through the site but cannot find anything so was wondering if someone could help me with a slight error that's just started happening on our Sagem.

For about a week or so now on when the router is first turned on the lights 1-4 all light up but never go out leaving just the power light on along with the above 4. Left in this state the router cannot connect to the line and it will only start working again if the router is switched off then on again (but sometimes it can take a couple of attempts)

Gave Sky a call yesterday who gave me a list of things to try (filter checks, device connections, and so on) but so far none have solved the issue.

The router itself is connected via a extension phone cable upstairs but we've never had any issues until recently. Along with the lights occasionally if we get any calls it can cut the line to other devices, but the micro filters have all been working fine before.

If anyone can shed any light on what might be the problem it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time everyone

2. Advertisement
      Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Black box router all 1-4 lights stay lit on power up and unable to connect

When you first power up the sagem it goes through BIT (built in test) and if the phone line input is shorted together it will hang in the test (don't ask me how I know) I would try the router at the test socket

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sagem Black box router all 1-4 lights stay lit on power up and unable to connect

Never heard of this.

Couple of things to try.

1) Another micro filter

2) Reset the router, by using a paper clip and inserting in the small hole in the back of the router for about 15 seconds or so. This would reset the router to default, and would lose any configuration canges you may have made to it.

3) ring Sky and ask for a replacement

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

elroberto is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Thanks

Awesome quick responses, many thanks.

I'll give them all a go over the next few days, there's quite a few devices connected on route to the router but I'm sure I've set up the filters correctly as it's been fine before.

I'll give the filters a go first see if that solves it then just try the modem direct into the line into the house, if all that fails I'll try the reset. Just out of question will the reset reset the default password settings. Just asking as I have 2 wireless devices that normally connect to it?

If nothing solves it I guess it's back on the phone to sky to get a replacement sent out

Thanks again

chrispy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 023
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Thanks

Had this problem and had SKY send me a new box. Before they sent it I changed the power supply cable and hey presto the problem has disappeared.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks

PSU failure - requires replacement router & power cable. Call sky, tell them about it and they'll send one out.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

If you have a spare PSU (they are on all sorts of things now) just look for one in a similar voltage range that will get you back up and running until the replacement arrives.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks

Just to add in, by the way. If the agent on the phone asks you to run through some kind of CD process or tells you he/she will send you a CD out to rectify the problem, do suggest you've already tried it and need a replacement router & PSU. Some agents confuse this for firmware issues.