Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Netgear DG934 and wireless printing issue

This is a discussion on Netgear DG934 and wireless printing issue within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have the new netgear DG934 and i have a HP A-I-O wireless printer. A little background info, it has ...

tonyl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Netgear DG934 and wireless printing issue

I have the new netgear DG934 and i have a HP A-I-O wireless printer. A little background info, it has always worked and still works on my old router Netgear dg834. i have configured the wireless to be identical to my old router, i have deleted the settings on the printer and reconnected it all seems good until you try to print. it starts to print then stops. at say line 2 and does no more.

I thought my printer might be broke so i connected my old router (not sky) and its works a treat.

Anyone else have this issue with wireless printing?

2. Advertisement
      coolchris555k is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Netgear DG934 and wireless printing issue

I have a DG934G....v3 i believe, running on XP service pack 3. I had a DG834G V3 previously. Ran fine with my Belkin Wireless Print Server F1UP0001 and Canon MP520.

Installed my DG934G and it took me hours to configure the print server. It would not detect it, then it would, then it could not wirelessly. Then I got it printing using the ethernet cable....then it blue screened and re-booted. This happened numourous times and then without really doing anything different I got a wireless connection.....problem is it still crashes when I print. There are no new printer drivers or print server drivers available.

So currently half way through printing it crashes and upto half an hour later after re-booting the finshed print arrives.

Ned Ludd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haxby
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet
      Router: TP-Link WR2543ND
      Sky TV: FreeSat
      Thanks

Re: Netgear DG934 and wireless printing issue

I've just finished sorting out my HP C5180 AIO after the scanning failed to work. It printed OK, but wouldn't scan across the network.

This MAY help you guys.

I uninstalled all the HP software using the level3 uninstaller on the CD. After rebooting I got rid of all references to HP and Hewlet Packard in the registry. Then I got rid of all the temp files on my computer. They were in various places and you should search to locate them (look for temp folders).
      Then reboot and install again!

It worked for me!
      Geoff, York.
      Can't call me a Luddite now!