Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

PDA Problem/s

This is a discussion on PDA Problem/s within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Ok got myself a Compaq iPAQ 3950 with a Navman 3400 GPS receiver. Hard reset the PDA and installed the ...

Redman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

PDA Problem/s

Ok got myself a Compaq iPAQ 3950 with a Navman 3400 GPS receiver. Hard reset the PDA and installed the SmartST Pro software to the PDA. Clicked on the shortcut on the PDA but was told I needed to activate the software. This must be done online. So I left the PDA in the cradle and clicked on the activate button from the CD's submenu. No joy, software came back saying no Internet connection available. I double checked my Sky DG934 Netgear Router and the HTTPS TCP port 443 that the software uses was being blocked so I changed that to allow all incoming and outgoing connections. Still won't connect. The Router is normally hard wired i.e. CAT5 cable but I've now turned the wireless settings on my laptop to on and the Router wireless is back on as well but I get the same error message saying that there is no Internet available. Any help much appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out.

Redman

2. Advertisement
      malc-c is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: PDA Problem/s

On my network I set each PC up to use a static IP addresses, and started off by using a basic encryption key. The connectin settings are
      IP 192.168.0.XXX
      Subnet 255.255.255.0
      Gateway 192.168.0.1

Name server tab
      DNS 192.168.0.1
      WINS 192.168.0.1

Then when running with the network card installed (SDIO card as my PDA has no built in wifi) locate the wireless network and enter the key - works fine for me with my Sagam router and I didn't have to configure any ports either

Hope this helps
      Cheers

Malcolm
      www.micro-heli.co.uk