Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cannot access hsbc.co.uk behind router

This is a discussion on Cannot access hsbc.co.uk behind router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi Firstly a bit of background. I'm not on sky broadband, but tried to sign up. After 6 month of ...

philrosenberg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cannot access hsbc.co.uk behind router

Hi
      Firstly a bit of background. I'm not on sky broadband, but tried to sign up. After 6 month of sky failing to connect me I gave up. But they never asked for the router back so we thought we'd make use of it (a Netgear V1 DG834GT). We tried to flash it but couldn't so we are now connecting to the internet via our old ISP with a usb modem, then using internet connection sharing and the sky router we are feeding that connection to our laptops.
      Unfortunately, although the primary computer can access hsbc.co.uk, any computer behind the router cannot.

Anyone got any ideas why that might be or if I can do anything about it?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Cannot access hsbc.co.uk behind router

Have you changed the IP address of the router? XP uses 192.168.0.1 as the address of the host when using ICS. I don't know if this will make any difference, but it may be worth a look.

The DG834gt can be flashed, but it may take a few attempts. There is plenty of information on the forum concerning this. It would be much better than using ICS.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Isitme, thanks for the reply
      Yes I changed the router IP and set so that it didn't try to assign IP addresses to other computers. I've tried to flash it a number of times from a dell desktop running xp home, an acer laptop running win 2000 and a dell laptop running Vista business. Most instructions say that sometimes the units will flash and sometimes they won't with some combinations of hardware/OS being more successful than others. Obviously my setup is not so successful

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Yes, I tried literally dozens of combinations before I was able to flash a spare one I bought. What I had to do was download the firmware for the DG834PN, rename it Firmware and put it in the 'Flashing' folder. The router then found and recognised it as an update. At this point I put back the DG834GT firmware into the folder, after renaming it Firmware and removied the PN one. The update then went through without a hitch. It seems that the Rmv repair file does not always recognize the GT firmware, but it does the PN.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks Isitme
      I'll give that a try in the next couple of days and let you know how it goes.