Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Router - no power light

This is a discussion on Sky Router - no power light within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; There is no might in it, tell the agent the router was working fine then all of a sudden the ...

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Router - no power light

There is no might in it, tell the agent the router was working fine then all of a sudden the lights went out, if you want you can tell them that there are no lights at all and it will speed the replacement process along.

2. Advertisement
      kidshenlong is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 020
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hey hope i'm not to late! i actually created my account the second i saw this thread! Okay i've had this problem twice now and after the second time i knew i definantly had to extract my username and password and use a different router. The way i fixed it before was like this( but it does require you to open it!) Using a Torx size 10 screw simply unscrew the four screws at the bottom, it's alot easier that it sounds! After this it was really simple. You should see a detatchable antena card( not too sure on the name there!) detatch it then power on, then power off reattach and it should work! This is what i did both times But i decided that opening the router regularly was just to much of a hassle so i just bought an independant one. Hope this helps!!

thadreamer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hey Justin, I am in the exact same situation as you. at first there was power and i just couldnt connect to the router so I rang up teir 1 and the guy went through their protocol to check everything was plugged in as it should be, even though i told him i cant access the router via firefox so the router must be faulty and not the internet connection. he put me on hold to speak with tier 3 i think. was put on hold for over an hour !!!!!!!!

i hanged up. called again and this time i said there is no power light on my router. he said we'll have to send you out a new one. i said cool. he said cool.

i've been a sky user since last march so its been just over a year for me. There was no disscussion of sending the router back or a charge. Will see what happens next. my next step is to call them up again to check that indeed a router has been sent and reading from other posts, a member was able to get a tracking number to see where abouts the router is in the process of being sent.

P.S i tried what another member did which was to open the router and take out the wifi card, power it up and see if it show any sign of life. but unfortunately for me it didnt power up.

luckily i've been reading this forum for a while now and used that site which allows us to get our username and password and am now using a spare netgear router till my sky one comes.

one other note, i did ask if the router would be new or a refurbished one, he said refurbished which i was abit miffed at but will just have to live with it.

catalac is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Can you tell me which site to go to to find my sky username and password from my modem. I have tried a couple that were stated in the forums, but they don't go anywhere, and I have looked all over the forums to find others.

thadreamer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

you will find your mac code for the router on a label, undearneath your router.

here is the site
      https://www.cm9.net/skypass/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12