Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Router Not Broadcasting - laptop cant find wireless network

This is a discussion on Router Not Broadcasting - laptop cant find wireless network within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi All Wondering if anyone can help me. Up till Wed a friend of mine could connect both his Dell ...

skyblurule is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexhill on Sea
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Router Not Broadcasting - laptop cant find wireless network

Hi All
      Wondering if anyone can help me. Up till Wed a friend of mine could connect both his Dell laptop and his PS/3 wirelessly with no problem at all. Since then however, the router , which is a Sagem cannot be found by either the laptop or the PS/3, and it does not appear on the list of wireless networks available. I know he has not changed anything, and I have checked all the settings, and all is as should be.

We had a massive thunderstorm and lightning on Wed, which is when it stopped appearing - could this have done something, or is that coincidence.

The greenlight is on the front, saying that wireless is available, but cannot connect at all - but can through a cable.

Also, I live a few doors away from him, and I usually see his network name in my list of available networks, but my laptop doesnt see it either, and my laptop is using ipass

I've come to the conclusion that the router is faulty, so should contact sky to have it replaced, as its only 6 months old

Hoping anybody can shed some light on this?

Many thanks
      Cheers
      Jeff

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Router Not Broadcasting - laptop cant find wireless network

First try doing a normal reset of the router (button usually under a pinhole). If no joy, do a deep reset -- usually remove power, press reset button while reconnecting power hold for 10 seconds.

Worth also checking that wireless is switched on -- assuming the Sagem has the facility to change that setting. Connect to the router using an ethernet cable and internet explorer (see help files that came on Sky CD or tutorials on Skyuser for how).