Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

My Internet from sky - please help!

This is a discussion on My Internet from sky - please help! within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; im on fone to my gf her internet literally stopped same time.. I don't know enough about phones to be ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: My Internet from sky - please help!

im on fone to my gf her internet literally stopped same time..
      I don't know enough about phones to be sure but it may be your dodgy wiring which is causing the problem.

Can you try what Brian suggests in post 14? Brian is a retired telephone engineer and knows what he is taking about. I would further suggest that if the wires are not on terminals 2 and 5, that you change them to there. I think Brian may be on to something in his edit to post 28, that could explain why the Master is not working and the extension is.

It is possible that previously with BT, you would be on ADSLMax. This does not require the wiring to be in such good order as that required by highspeed ADSL2+ and it may have performed quite well. The extra call on the line now is causing your problems.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      Nemi01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01923
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i will do tht today then

briancst1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NIBYS
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

you should be getting 12 -14 megs with that line attenuation 32db but as previous posts you will need to contact sky tech support cst to have line speed checked ( make sure setup is correct master socket>microfilter>adsl cable>router>sky tv>phone ,needs to be in master socket for best preformance ,if you are only getting 3.5 megs something could be wrong

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234