Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Help with banning sites

This is a discussion on Help with banning sites within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello, A few months ago I had a list of blocked sites on the router, when I tried to visit ...

Kurby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Help with banning sites

Hello,

A few months ago I had a list of blocked sites on the router, when I tried to visit them it showed me a "site blocked by netgear message" which I thought was great. So I upgraded the routers fw to V1.03.87 and I have just realised the sites are no longer blocked and can be accessed. I have deleted the list and re-added the sites but with no luck, so i'm starting to think it could be the firmware but i can't be sure. Does anyone know if it is the firmware or is there somthing else wrong?

I have one of the old routers (the ones that don't look like a mini hd box).

Thanks

Kurby

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,527 Times in 1,488 Posts

Re: Help with banning sites

I think you must have the DG834GT, which is white, the others are a dirty greyish black.

I have just checked the site blocking on mine and it works fine, giving a black screen with Blocked by Netgear in red. You could try resetting the router by pushing a biro into the little hole below the power plug, hold it there for about 10 secs or until the lights flash. You must be fully powered up at the time. Be aware that this will remove all of any settings you have made including changing passwords. After you have done this enter the site address again and try. Probably better to enter one at a time and check it is working, just in case a particular one is causing problems.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Kurby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

ok thanks, i was hoping to avoid it since i got like 20-30 ports forwarded but ill give it ago

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,527 Times in 1,488 Posts

Just in case it does not work, given that you have a lot set up, use the Backup Settings link in the left menu to backup your existing settings. It will then be easy to restore your previous settings, should you want to.

Make sure you save them to a place you can find, the Desktop for example, the default position is sometimes hard to find.
      Last edited by Isitme; 29-07-08 at 11:54 AM.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.