Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Faulty Router???

This is a discussion on Faulty Router??? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Ok, here is my problem.. all has been fine untill about a week ago, i say fine. I contacted sky, ...

VsUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01709
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media 50mb
      Router: Virgin Superhub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Question Faulty Router???

Ok, here is my problem.. all has been fine untill about a week ago, i say fine. I contacted sky, threatening to leave if they dont fix the LCP drop i get all the time. But since i got a responce saying they reconfigured my line & one from by saying my maintenance request was completed, my speed has slowed down & my wireless adaptor keeps disconnecting.

I checked my router settings & i noticed something strange, on the logs page i get this..

Sat, 2000-01-01 00:00:33 - Initialize LCP.
      Sat, 2000-01-01 00:00:33 - LCP is allowed to come up.
      Sat, 2000-01-01 00:01:23 - Administrator login successful - IP:192.168.0.3
      Sat, 2000-01-01 00:01:32 - Initialize LCP.
      Sat, 2000-01-01 00:01:32 - LCP is allowed to come up.
      Sat, 2000-01-01 00:01:32 - CHAP authentication success
      Sat, 2000-01-01 00:01:40 - Send out NTP request to time-g.netgear.com
      Sat, 2000-01-01 00:03:04 - Send out NTP request to time-h.netgear.com
      Sat, 2000-01-01 00:05:18 - Send out NTP request to time-g.netgear.com
      Sat, 2000-01-01 00:05:44 - TCP Packet - Source:92.62.43.77 Destination:90.211.7.229 - [PORT SCAN]
      Sat, 2000-01-01 00:06:05 - TCP Packet - Source:92.62.43.77 Destination:90.211.7.229 - [PORT SCAN]
      Sat, 2000-01-01 00:09:20 - Send out NTP request to time-h.netgear.com
      Sat, 2000-01-01 00:12:20 - Administrator login successful - IP:192.168.0.3

Now, first of all, the time, date & year are like really wrong & i have no idea how to fix this? the problems i had are just 10x worse now & its getting to the point that my connection is as stable as an alcaholic & steroids...

HELP ME!!!

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Faulty Router???

first thing to bare in mind here is saying 'fix my LCP down error now' will mean NOTHING to tech support - no one is trained in router logs...so don't waste your time with it...

basically you need to speak to CST with a ticket raised for intermittent connection (which is what the LCP drop is, losing authentication/connection)...and hopefully someone can help you out...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

i know about the LCP drop n i plan to get it sorted for the 2nd time..

what the porblem is, i had firmware version 1.02.14 & the date was 2000 01.01 & time 00.01:34 & it resets everytime i reset my router..

now ive downgraded firmware back to the original one it came with & now its
      Current time: 1970-01-01 01:03:37

i didnt think we had internet in 1970 let a lone anything else lol..

is my router packed up or is there a way to wipe everything from the router n reinstall firmware?

samperry209 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

1970!!! lmao

sounds like the router is gone...

have you tried upgrading the firmware?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If you are running with firmware version 1.02.14 you must have flashed the router to use Netgear firmware. Sky will not support you if you have flashed the router and may even kick you off. You should return the router to the latest Sky firmware which is V1.03.87. Instructions on how to do this can be found by searching the forum. You may find your problems disappear.

With regards your time setting it appears your requests to the time server are going unanswered. Try this, open the router setting and click the Schedule link on the left and tick the two boxes at the bottom for Adjust daylight and Use this NTP server, then type these numbers in the boxes. 12-7-210-170. Click Apply. I am not sure why yours is not working, but it could be connected to the fact that you have flashed the router and it is unable to connect to the Netgear server.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

ill give this a try. I do believe i first flashed because of a poor speed from sky which didnt fix the problem. But i will now go to sky firmware & see if it fix's it..

thanks again & will keep yall up to date...

OK, where is latest firmware for DG834GT router? bcus one i just downloaded says its wrong for my router..
      Last edited by VsUK; 27-07-08 at 06:27 PM.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

If you have flashed the router you may have caused your own issues, as above sky have no reason to support you if you have done anything to compromise the router firmware.
      You will need to put the firmware back on from the Sky cd then use the official firmware that you can find on this site to upgrade to the most recent firmware version that Sky has provided.

Thanks

The latest firmware can be found here-
      Get your Sky V1 Firmware here!.

Before you can use it you will need to put back the original Sky FW, which is on the Sky CD or you can d/l it from - ftp://downloads.netgear.com//files/G...28_src.tar.bz2 (courtesy of James67) You will also need the Netgear Recovery utility from the Netgear site. When you have returned to the original Sky FW follow the instructions given in the first link to upgrade.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Hi, i fixed the problem & my speed has picked up also. I never thought about using the sky firmware after flashing to netgear's version. But, i found the firmware & having to go back to the 1.01.01 version of firmware to update to sky's version, apparently, it said it was the wrong firmware version when i was using 1.02.14 firmware, so i went back to the first one & it all worked. anyways all is working fine & dandy now. Even the time is correct for a change..

I never recieved a sky cd & after 3 requests, still never got one.

Anyways, so far so good, no LCP dropouts & speed increase.. thanks again Just its a bit annoying to think you can only use sky products with your service & when you want a better router that does a something your current one does, i guess you have to go to sky & pay over the odds for one. Kinda like dell really, sucks u in with cheap pc prices, but your stuck with them for upgrades & there prices.
      Last edited by VsUK; 28-07-08 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks

i guess you have to go to sky & pay over the odds for one.
      Sky don't sell better routers than the ones they supply free, in fact I don't think they sell routers at all, only wireless adapters.

Glad your fixed

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast