Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sagem f@st 2504 and security issues

This is a discussion on Sagem f@st 2504 and security issues within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Many thanks Isitme. I checked the port and it is closed/stealthed and I checked the settings to find that it ...

Seahorizons is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sagem f@st 2504 and security issues

Many thanks Isitme. I checked the port and it is closed/stealthed and I checked the settings to find that it is disabled. I cant recall if I had unchecked the box or not or whether it was already clear by default. Very useful tip though. Thank goodness for the internet and the fund of knowledge that it provides.
      Seahorizons

2. Advertisement
      dt101187 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sagem f@st 2504 and security issues

its not the router that isnt allowing you to change the network key as the security on the router is based on the firmware the router is using you can change the firmware on the router, but u will lose ur username and password for sky radius server, unless u get it off the router before u change firmware but if u can get the user name and password there is no point in using skys router. the sagem router wil prompt you for the user name and password that is supposed to be stored on the router, if there is a loss in ppp or sync. seems skys firmware isnt that compatiable with the sagem routers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123