Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

have sky fobbed me off with my router?

This is a discussion on have sky fobbed me off with my router? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey all. I have been with Sky BB for only a few months. When I joined they sent me a ...

pavilion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDFOL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky hub SR-102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

have sky fobbed me off with my router?

Hey all.

I have been with Sky BB for only a few months. When I joined they sent me a new 934g router. Which caused line noise and even made my speakers buzz, i rung them, and they said that i have a faulty router, so send me what appears to be a reconditioned 834gt router. Am i right in saying that the 934 is of better spec and supports adsl2? Does the 834gt? Thanks guys!

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: have sky fobbed me off with my router?

All Sky routers support ADSL2+ and you get what ever router is sent out to you from the despatch group that handles the requests sent to them from Sky. Oh and for certain things the White Netgear is the better option

stevvie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bradwell Abbey (SMBA)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The main thing to think about is, Is the 834GT working and if so is it working better than the 934 you previously had. I have had the 834GT ever since Sky started thier ADSL in my area over a year and ahalf ago and it's been ok and great since firmware V1.03.87 and even better since the comunity update from this site V1.03.87 (CU3.04).

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

A couple of other points in favour of the 834GT, 1) With a compatible adapter it is capable of 108Mbps compared to the 934's 54Mbps. Very good if you have a wireless network. and 2) It has been hacked to enable full detailed stats to be obtained. I my opinion,and quite a few others, it is superior to the Version 2 routers.

Make sure that the firmware has been updated to the latest version (V1.03.87) and if you want more control over it use James' update from here-
      Community Updates for the DG834GT (Post 58)

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.