Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection drop out

This is a discussion on Connection drop out within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have a netgear DG834GT, and use it to wirelessly connect to my laptop, few weeks ago though connection keeps ...

ashlosecontrol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connection drop out

I have a netgear DG834GT, and use it to wirelessly connect to my laptop, few weeks ago though connection keeps droping out, like every 30 seconds or less, but if I bring up the wireless network connection behind Firefox,it seems to last bit longer before discconects. Also it works fine on ethernet cable with no drop outs, any ideas? Ive updated wireless network drivers on laptop, and changed the channel,but no better, wondering if i should call sky?

Have sky connect, up to 8mb line i think

2. Advertisement
      richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Connection drop out

not great on wireless but this sounds like a setting problem on the laptop. think i have seen reference to vista being the problem or power setting on the laptop, not sure this helps but does give you something to search for as a starting point

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

When it drops the wireless can you still see the router SSID on your list of available wireless networks?

jonny1310 is offline Banned for stealing our content
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

First of all make sure that there is nothing around the router that could be interupting the signal ie.cordless phones and other wireless devices,then try changing the ssid of the router do this by clicking this link http://192.168.0.1 and then the username is admin and the psd is sky and then click on wireless settings and type a new ssid, and then delete all the prefered networks as you could have an unsecure wireless network in the area and it is auto connecting to this network so what you do is get onto the network list(were you find the list of wireless networks) and in there the should be an option to change the preferred networks click on it and then delete them all then try reconnecting to the network and make sure that you type your network key in capitals.