Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Port Forwarding with Sagem Router

This is a discussion on Port Forwarding with Sagem Router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Been trying to portforward for utorrent with this bag of crap for over 3 hours now Ive done what all ...

Animo is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:

Port Forwarding with Sagem Router

Been trying to portforward for utorrent with this bag of crap for over 3 hours now

Ive done what all the videos say, what - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall says. and still no luck.

The funny thing is, the day i got it, the portforwarding was working fine, then today its not. Ive checked My firewall exceptions on the router and the TCP ports, they are still exactly the same and match the utorrent port, but i still get that error message from utorrent "port ___ not open" etc

Ive tried disabling my actual computer firewalls and it still doesnt work. I never had so much trouble portforwarding with my old router.

Any idea's what is wrong?

Would i also be able to phone sky up and ask for a netgear router, as this Sagem router is utter ****e, ive had problems with it the day i got it. Now i cant even go on xbox live w.o my connection dropping all the time cause the router signal finds it hard to go into the next room

So yeah, do New sky customers (joined 16th june) have the chance to get the Netgear router, as i thought that was the most recent model.

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box

Re: Port Forwarding with Sagem Router

No you don't get a choice of router. However, the Sagem port forwards perfectly well AFAIK.

If you are sure that the port numbers are correct then the next most obvious thing wrong is that you're not forwarding to the correct LAN IP for your PC.

Without portforwarding set up, UPnP should work fine with uTorrent. If not then there's something in your setup which is causing the problem. Doubt it's the router, though of course that's a possibility.

Your xbox issue is easily resolvable - go wired. Wireless gaming is rarely satisfactory. Even if the connection is fine, the additional wireless lag is usually a problem.
      Last edited by Saturday; 21-06-08 at 08:52 AM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Port Forwarding with Sagem Router

Have you tried ticking the Enable UPnP port mapping in the Preferences box? Make sure UPnP is enabled on the router.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.