Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Constantly disconnecting

This is a discussion on Constantly disconnecting within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi guys ive develped a problem today my netgear DG834GT is disconecting constantly. Every few minutes it happening. Ive reset ...

joeboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Constantly disconnecting

Hi guys ive develped a problem today my netgear DG834GT is disconecting constantly.

Every few minutes it happening. Ive reset it and now im gonna reload the v1.03.87 firmwear.

Is anyone else getting similar problems today? Also what can I do to fix it?

2. Advertisement
      richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Constantly disconnecting

you could check its not your internal wirirng by do a check from the test socket (see first link in my sig)

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stainton
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: BT Home Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Hmmm ... I've had this over the last couple of days too. I've rung Sky and they say they have checked my exchange and there is no problem. I did have a problem recently with my master socket faceplate which I thought I had fixed, but I'm going to have a fiddle with it now and see if I can make a difference.

Thanks

I rang back after fiddling with the face plate, and tried in the test socket to no avail. I spoke to the usual "read off a piece of paper" brigade, explaining that I was getting disconnects all the time. I told her that I had had some problem recently in the past with low speeds that had been traced, apparently, to the faceplate which had been fixed and enabled me to get speeds up to 4Mb (fastest previously was half that), but that since the disconnects started, my speed had gone down to 2Mb again.

She eventually said that she would create a job number for the next tier guys to deal with, but they were busy at the time - I would either have to ring back, stay on hold for an unknown length of time or wait for them to ring me sometime in the next 72 hours.

She also said that she had put on the ticket that it was a problem with speed. As it had taken sooooo long to explain to her the problem in the first place (kinda assuming a foreign call centre!), I didn't want to correct her - a ticket number is a ticket number, right?

Anyway - not heard anything since, and the line has still disconnected a few times, but my speed suddenly shot up again about an hour after I spoke to her. I do wonder if they capped the line, then have just "uncapped" it following the call.

I'm going to keep an eye on things, but I'm not holding my breath that the disconnects have just suddenly gone away.
      Last edited by Stumpy; 12-05-08 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Spelling - doh!

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Erm no a ticket for speed is not the same as a ticket for intermittant, call back if you get time today, if not later this evening. As you have an open ticket you should go straight to CST once the tier 1 agent checks your ticket for any notes from the resolutions team.

Thanks

Well I've just had the weirdest phone call from Sky. Only it wasn't a phone call, it was a "text" read out over the phone.

I have no idea what it meant - I have listened to it about a dozen times and I'm still none the wiser

Basically said that it was a text from Sky, saying that my BT line had been "reconsecured" (thats the closest I can get - no idea what they were trying to say), and if I was still having problems to ring Sky Technical support on 0844 24105015 (at least, I think that was the number - the text "reader" read out the number as "2 million, 410 thousand ..... " etc.

Can anyone shed light on the "reconsecured" bit?

Other than a disconnect this morning, it has been stable since at a decent speed - I can't see how increasing the speed/removing a cap could make a line more stable though, if that is all that has been done.

joeboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

mine is back to normal now.

Dont know what happened.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Perhaps Sky have done a bit of line management that was posted about some time ago

Thanks

Mine appears back to normal as well now. If it was line management or some problem at their end, it would be nice if they simply told us, rather than making us jump through the usual hoops.

JohnAddisonUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hednesford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

The new FW caused me various problems such as disconnects at intervals between once a day to twice an hour, much slower speeds etc.

Solution for me was to use the latest official netgear firmware, screw Sky.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast