Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Constantly disconnecting

This is a discussion on Constantly disconnecting within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Sky are getting even more ridiculous, imagine sending out a full router kit for the sake of a couple of ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Constantly disconnecting

Sky are getting even more ridiculous, imagine sending out a full router kit for the sake of a couple of bits of plastic worth about 20p. It is unbelievable I think some day their auditors will catch up and there will be a lot of P45s flying around.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      Maribo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Larkhall
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Constantly disconnecting

I e mailed them again, asking if I could keep the router I have, and received a reply saying just to take the feet from the box and send the router back to them. So that's what I'll do. Unfortunately they do want the unused router returned. When I got this one I didn't set it up as I didn't know how to get my lap top to work with it and was waiting for my son to come up to Scotland to do it for me, abut I got a letter from them with another returns bag asking me to return the router for analysis to see why it hadn't been working. He was up just a few days after that, but I waited another week, just to make sure the white one wasn't worse than the black one, but is is fine, so I'll hand on to it, and send the new one back minus the feet.
      Thanks for your input, it's good for this silver surfer to know that there are others out there who can help me.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

You are not going to believe this, but immediately after clicking "submit reply" the door bell rang, it was parcel force with my new router.

It's the black one, not the white one.

I thought all I had to do was take the feet out, now I have to send it back and e mail again asking for a white one.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

I posted the router back to them yesterday, and got an e mail today telling me to use the black one. Had to e mail them again and tell them I've returned it. Again I've asked for the white feet, I've said if they can't send them this time, just to send me another black one. Don't really want a black one, prefer the white, but I'll just have to wait and see what happens now.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678