Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New Netgear router transformer not working???

This is a discussion on New Netgear router transformer not working??? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; New Netgear router transformer not working??? I have just bought a new Netgear model router (D834G) to replace to broken ...

slayer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: blackfriar
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have just bought a new Netgear model router (D834G) to replace to broken Netgear router I got from Sky. (A replacement should be received soon - apparently). However I couldnt wait and need a backup anyway.

Anyway, I got home and just took the actual router out of the box and plugged in the power and "phone line" which I had left plugged in.

I typed in my sky username etc and was online!! I then setup the WPA security and this worked fine.

I had a look at the output etc on the transformer and it was slightly different. The output was the same but I just thought I would use the transformer which came with the new router etc.

However I plugged it in and it didnt work?? It didnt light up the power light??? but did light up the DSL light (and the Internet one i think). I plug the "old" transformer back in and the power light lights up (along with the wireless light etc)????

Strange?!?!?!

The writing on the transformers:

"Old" transformer

ac/dc adapter
      Pri 240V~50Hz 135mA
      Sec: 12V - 1A 12VA

"New" router

Switching adapter
      input 200-240V ~ 50/60Hz 0.3A
      output +12V -1A

Any thoughts??

2. Advertisement
      Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: New Netgear router transformer not working???

Have you still got your old Sky router? try the suspect psu on that and see what happens.

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: New Netgear router transformer not working???

Quote Originally Posted by slayer View Post
      However I plugged it in and it didnt work?? It didnt light up the power light??? but did light up the DSL light (and the Internet one i think). I plug the "old" transformer back in and the power light lights up (along with the wireless light etc)????
      Maybe it's a bit obvious, so apologies if this seems a bit patronising, but how many times did you try it? I've seen my router fail to start properly a few times. I just unplug the power connector and plug it in again and it works.