Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Asus EEE connecting to Sky BB

This is a discussion on Asus EEE connecting to Sky BB within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; For what it's worth - the submask address of an IP address in the range 192.168.0.x where x=1 to 255 ...

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Asus EEE connecting to Sky BB

For what it's worth - the submask address of an IP address in the range 192.168.0.x where x=1 to 255 has to be 255.255.255.0 as no other submask will work. Setting the fixed IP address as (say) 192.168.0.25 makes sure it's unlikely to find any other device using the same address as DHCP will award a new devices an IP address in numerical order where x starts at 1 and increases by 1 for each device.

2. Advertisement
      NikkJ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LNCED
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Asus EEE connecting to Sky BB

Glad you fixed the problem.

You don't need to have a fixed address for the eeePC though. I use one that worked with my Sagem router without too much tinkering. I've changed the OS from Linux to XP and still connect without any problem.

One issue that I did have was the lag time on the eeePC. Don't expect to change a setting and get an immediate result. I found that it could take up to a minute or so before it settled down - that caused me difficulties unil I sussed that I was just too impatient to let the system re-negotiate with the router.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 30-04-08, 02:40 AM
    2. 30-04-08, 12:12 AM