Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to know router version

This is a discussion on How to know router version within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I need to know how to find out what version of FW my DG834 has. Anybody can tell me this ...

Cymru is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newport Chartist
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Question How to know router version

I need to know how to find out what version of FW my DG834 has. Anybody can tell me this please? I tried looking around here but failed to find it. I am coming back to SKY after I left them and they sent me a new DG834 but I don't know what version of FW it has.

Thanks for any help.

JC

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Re: How to know router version

Should be on the router status page right towards the top, router firmware version:

Thanks

Yeah dummy me. Sorry, I should have been more awake. I just saw the ADSL version and was confused byt the gibber there. Thanks.

Sky sent me a DG834GT, it says V1.02.28 but I read here that there are newer versions of FW. Is there a new version for the GT? or they apply to newer routers? If there is one, where can I find it?

Thanks alotsamuchomas!

JC

Monday is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWHAY
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Hi,
      you have the original FW. At the moment Sky are slowly releasing there new firmware for your router. The update happens automatically so you wont have to do anything. It usually takes places between the early hours of the morning till sunrise.

Thanks

Oh great, thanks for the info!, will wait to go live then and see what happens then.

I actually thought Sky would send another router since I hear they are phasing out the older ones, is this right?

Anyway, it is fine I think. I had Sky and left to go to Newnet cuz I was having issues with email bouncing and stuff that seemed related to some Sky's policies, so I moved out. But now I have began to have the same sort of issue with Newnet and it is much more expensive so back to Sky I am.

JC

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cymru View Post
      I actually thought Sky would send another router since I hear they are phasing out the older ones, is this right?
      If by "phasing out", you mean replacing existing customers' old, white routers (the DG834GT) with the newer dark grey routers (the DG934G and F@ST2504), then the answer is no, not at this time.

Most new customers seem to get one of the newer routers, whereas people whose DG834GT routers have developed a fault, often seem to get a refurbished DG834GT as a replacement, so I'm a little surprised that they've sent you one of the old routers. Maybe they've started sending DG834GT routers out to new customers as well as existing customers now that the new firmware is being (very slowly) rolled out.

Thanks

I wonder if they Sky somewhat linked my old contract with this new one? I mean I left Sky and I had the same GT (which had stopped working for good but I did not ask for replacement cuz I was leaving) so maybe now in the new contract they send a replacement for the old one? Dunno, sometimes Sky can be twisted in their thinking so who knows? The box came with only the Router and the electric adapter but no cables or cd, just as if it was a replacement and not a new contract as it is? Anyway, will see how things go now. In my past experience with Sky I did not have much trouble with speeds, only that the ping times were a bit too high; however I had an awful lot of trouble with the router, so I am hoping I am not having the same kind of troubles now as they sent me the same model as before.

I have another question though. I just installed Bouce Sky Router program b ty Mossywell, and just out of curiosity (Sky is not yet active) I played a bit with it and checking the logs I find that the router is continually trying to open google webpages and ebay.co.uk. Is this a normal thing to happen?

JC

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Thats what the Bounce program does, put simply, it continually checks for these sites and if they fail it reboots.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Oh ok! Great to know that! Thanks for the info.

JC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James67 View Post
      Maybe they've started sending DG834GT routers out to new customers as well as existing customers now that the new firmware is being (very slowly) rolled out.
      The only thing I find weird is that if they are sending this to new customers, at least mine came with the old FW still on it. Would it not be better if they send the router with the FW already upgraded? Weird mindsets I guess.

JC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast