Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How were my settings transferred?

This is a discussion on How were my settings transferred? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; After 6 months of incredibly slow connection speeds (drops to 50 - 100 Kbs) at peak usage times, although it's ...

flybynight is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01453
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How were my settings transferred?

After 6 months of incredibly slow connection speeds (drops to 50 - 100 Kbs) at peak usage times, although it's fine at normal times (well 1M but I am a long way from the exchange with a poor line) Sky have sent me a new Router.

First Qu. - Are they clutching at straws? Is it likely that the problem is the router?

Now the mystery that I am posting about. I have NAS & a Network printer on my LAN, with reserved IP Addresses 192.168.0.3 & 192.168.0.10 - when my new router arrived I unplugged the old one & slipped in the new one. I know that I didn't exhibit dementia & put the old router back because my laptop stopped working until I put the new key in.

I have gone to the Web interface to reset up my reserved addresses ...... & there they are already set up! How can that be?

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: How were my settings transferred?

Are you sure you're not just looking at the "Attached Devices" page? Address reservations need to be made on the "LAN IP Setup" page.

flybynight is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01453
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: How were my settings transferred?

Quote Originally Posted by James67 View Post
      Are you sure you're not just looking at the "Attached Devices" page? Address reservations need to be made on the "LAN IP Setup" page.
      How right you are! Thank you, I was beginning to feel silly wearing this tin foil hat, I can put my Dunce Cap back on.