Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cant Access Router

This is a discussion on Cant Access Router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Periodically When I log on to the router (itís a white one) i am taken to a white blank page ...

wanzle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: warwick
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Cant Access Router

Periodically When I log on to the router (itís a white one) i am taken to a white blank page and all that I get is a note saying "Loading File".

This note sits there and nothing happens. I can attempt to logon several times and very occasionally i get to the standard router page and can access my stats etc.

This has been happening for about the last six weeks. Prior to that the router behaved normally.

Anyone know what the problem could be.

2. Advertisement
      jonny1310 is offline Banned for stealing our content
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Cant Access Router

Hopefully james 67 is on at the minute as he is good wih this sort of stuff it could be the router on the way out the door.

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I'm not entirely sure what could be the problem. Maybe there's an IP address conflict - that can cause apparently intermittent loss of connectivity. If using a wireless connection, maybe there's an issue with wireless interference. But if there's a problem connecting to the router's configuration pages, there ought also be a problem doing general browsing, because all communication to the Internet has to pass through the router, and I would have thought the OP would have mentioned that if it were the case.

It might be any idea to try a wired connection. If the PC is too far from the router to have a wired connection, then disconnect the router from the phone line and move it so that it's closer to the PC. Connect the two together using the yellow Ethernet cable that came with the router and then reboot the PC. Once the PC is back up and running, try to access the router's configuration pages at http://192.168.0.1/. Seeing whether that works or not might give a few more clues as to what might be going wrong.

Pete101 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01209
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had this exact problem also but only on my Vista PC. My laptop with XP was fine.
      Seems to be a problem with IE7 & Vista as it works fine if I use Firefox.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I have a similar problem. I have 2 home pages on IE7, the first being the router set up and the second being sky.com. When I open the Home page the router one sits blank, when I click the tab to open sky.com it opens right away, when I then click the router tab, it opens in full immediately. Even clicking the reload on the blank page does nothing. It does not bother me as I mainly use Firefox.

Strange, I have just tried it with the router as the only Home page and it open right away (after signing in of course) Put the second home page back and it is back to what it was before.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.