Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Maximum number of possible connections

This is a discussion on Maximum number of possible connections within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I am aware. I don't want a huge 10-PC network for nothing - they're not going to be using BB ...

tnet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Maximum number of possible connections

I am aware. I don't want a huge 10-PC network for nothing - they're not going to be using BB all the time, but they will always be connected to the network. Quite simply, they'll be connected wireless but not necessarily in use. I'm sorry if I have created confusuion, but being I should have really said 10 wireless devices. You're talking here PDAs, WiFi phones etc. Not all of these will use up large amounts of bandwidth, but I do get your point.

In terms of feedback, thanks for the pointer, i'll go check it out straight away!

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

what i said before might've come across as arsey - it shouldn't have, so sorry if it did!!

the main point was Sky wouldn't look too favourably to it as it's still thought of within Sky as a 'service for those who wouldn't usually think of getting broadband'. this obviously has to change though...

my experience of Sky, although on Connect, has been great so I'd recommend it if you can get it
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

tnet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

what i said before might've come across as arsey - it shouldn't have, so sorry if it did!!
      No worries!

It seems that Sky Broadband is generally given good feedback, but my main worry is the contract cancellation, and the mention of certain clients not being allowed to disconnect early irrespective of the charges. I'll have to follow that one up with Sky and try and get something in writing so that I can wave it in their faces should any problems arise.

Thanks very much for your help guys, it was appreciated! I'll post again in here soon if I need any more help....

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

you can leave early but from what i can gather you have to pay the rest of the contract plus extra fees - but tbh i have no idea!!
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12