Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sagem Router

This is a discussion on Sagem Router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Has anyone been having problems when turning on the router? I find that almost half the time when the router ...

grahamearl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sagem Router

Has anyone been having problems when turning on the router? I find that almost half the time when the router is turned on it doesn't boot up correct as the @ light comes on and stays on and none of the other lights come on. It might take a few times of turning it off and back on again before you get the lights above the @ light to come on.

Any ideas?

2. Advertisement
      BoilingPoint is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Porth
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Router

It's a router and is designed to be on 24/7.

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I seem to remember that the booklet that comes with the Phase 2 routers suggests you turn the box off (as part of Sky's greenness atitude) so if it's causing you grief, call Sky (cheapest time is weekends on the 0870 number - 1.5ppm) and tell them that when you switch the box on the power light does not come on and that you have tried another socket.
      This should get you a replacement box ordered.

That said, I don't know if the difference in CO2 generated in the long run would be greater from leaving th box on, or replacing it

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

A Sky router left switched on continuously for a year results in about 30 to 40kg of CO2 being released into the atmosphere. That's about the same as driving a petrol car about 300 to 400 miles, and I don't know anyone with a car that only drives 400 miles in a year.

In all honesty, it pales into significance when compared to the Sky TV box, which has quite a high power consumption when in standby.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoilingPoint View Post
      It's a router and is designed to be on 24/7.
      Indeed but personally i like to switch electrical things off when i'm out as you never know what might happen and you could return to a flaming inferno!

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrStabby View Post
      if it's causing you grief, call Sky (cheapest time is weekends on the 0870 number - 1.5ppm) and tell them that when you switch the box on the power light does not come on and that you have tried another socket.
      I'll give them a buzz and see what they say, it's not like its stoping me conneting as eventually it boots up but it is annoying having to turn it on and off 3 or 4 times before it works.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Have you checked your internal phone wiring to make sure it is not causing the problem? Try plugging in to the Test socket, behind the faceplate of your Master socket, see if there is any difference.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

munshie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi grahamearl,

Unfortunately I'm having the same problem with my Sagem.
      It was working fine up until a week ago....now every time I switch it on just the Internet light comes on (no flashing amber - just straight to solid green).
      I thought maybe it was just a minor issue with the router, and perhaps I could connect to it wirelessly anyway, but this is not the case.
      Like you I have to switch it on/off several times to get the power and test light's on, then the wireless light and finally the Internet light (after flashing amber etc).

I just called Sky now, and they have stated I need a new router and will ship one out to me in the next few days.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I suspect that this may be a built in test fail. I do not use wireless and have it disabled and have no problems switching the router back on. But if I enable wireless, I have the same problems (solid internet light, no connection)

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by munshie View Post
      Hi grahamearl,

Unfortunately I'm having the same problem with my Sagem.
      It was working fine up until a week ago....now every time I switch it on just the Internet light comes on (no flashing amber - just straight to solid green).
      I thought maybe it was just a minor issue with the router, and perhaps I could connect to it wirelessly anyway, but this is not the case.
      Like you I have to switch it on/off several times to get the power and test light's on, then the wireless light and finally the Internet light (after flashing amber etc).

I just called Sky now, and they have stated I need a new router and will ship one out to me in the next few days.
      Called them up, i don't think the guy at the other end fully understood what i meant, hell he thought Glasgow was in Ireland so that really summed him up for me! Once he discovered it was in Scotland he then wanted to talk about William Wallace and Braveheart, must have been a slow day for him! Anyway he agreed it sounded faulty after we did a couple of tests so they are going to dispatch another router to try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast