Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Router Has Arrived

This is a discussion on Router Has Arrived within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Yey Phoned up on thursday with my BAND code. Got the order put through. Router arrived today According to sam ...

Fox McCloud is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEMI
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Router Has Arrived

Yey

Phoned up on thursday with my BAND code. Got the order put through.
      Router arrived today
      According to sam knows my line is now unbundled too.

So.
      How long till its here ??

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thats good news Fox

Now its a waiting game I'm afraid but good luck anyway.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Fox McCloud is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEMI
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ok thats cool.
      The letter I got says it will be by the 26th at the latest.

So, when I get the BB, what is this TCP tweaker ive seen mentioned all about.
      How can I tweak the service to get more out of it ?
      Im hopefully expecting more than 10MB since im 700 meters away from the exchange and my line is good enough to recieve 8MB on ADSL MAX.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yep if you go here Optimising your Broadband Connection it will tell you want you need to do.

There are no guarantees though
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Benny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Edgware
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Wheelie, I am in Stanmore too. The one in middlesex anyway . I'm connected to the edgware exchange. Maybe could be useful to compare connectivity, problems of etc ..

I am not yet connected thou, 21st is the activation date . But so far everything seems to be well, with router and wireless usb adapter delivered and BT tracker showing the expected information .

I have been with dircon - netscalibur - claranet ( each one buying out the previous) since around 1990 ,so have never had to change my isp before.

Do you know if you keep your old isp email addresses , or those will no longer be accessible after the switch to a new isp ?

Regards

Benny

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Benny

Yep thats where I am as well on the old RAF base and if your connected to the Edgware exchange you live right over the other side

Good luck with your activation date and sure I have no problem compare connectivity, as for you old email accounts its possible you will still be able to for a certain length of time ask the ISP. I used to be with dircon as well back in the 90's

Ray

click here

Benny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Edgware
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I bet you were with videotron getting that free internet connection to dircon

That was quite something in the day, when the internet was otherwise an expensive undertaking.

I remember that aeroplane they had there , at the raf base near the entrance. Im near canons park area .
      Last edited by Benny; 19-09-06 at 11:26 PM.

Ralph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWNEDG
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: 2x Sky+HD 1tb
      Thanks
      Ray, there were 2 RAF bases in Stanmore, but from your comments, you must be oposite the end of Green Lane rather than @ Canons Corner.

Benny, welcome another neighbour. For 1.99 per year you can have a bespoke email address with 1&1 that gives you a control panel to redirect mail to any email address(es) of your chosing.

Example

<anything>@MyName.me.uk > MyName@sky.com
      &.................................... > MyName@GMail.com (As a backup / emergency)

There are various domain types at differing prices. .co.uk is also 1.99 a year!

I have 3

<anything>@1stInitialSurname.me.uk
      <anything>@MyCompany.co.uk
      <anything>@WifesCompany.co.uk

The <anything> bit is really useful. When I register at a web site, say BT, I give my email address as BT@MyCompany.co.uk. Sky would be sky@1stInitialSurname.me.uk. IF I get spammed to one of these, I go into the 1&1 control panel & redirect all mail to the spammed address to the complaints email address of the offending sender. I never see another spam from them again. They get all there own spam! It's even better if they auto acknowledge each complaint - their mail server will go into an endless loop melt down!

If / as & when you change ISPs, all you have to do is go to the 1&1 control panel and change the redirect to your new ISP email adress. That way you don't have to tell any of your contacts your new address each time!
      LWNEDG
      Unlimited