Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Streaming to PS3 problem

This is a discussion on Streaming to PS3 problem within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi there. Been having trouble recently with streaming from my pc to my ps3. i have recently joined sky and ...

john1673 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Streaming to PS3 problem

Hi there. Been having trouble recently with streaming from my pc to my ps3. i have recently joined sky and recieved a black sagem router.since then it seems to loose its connection frequently while i'm streaming either video or music.i dont remember it doing this before when i had a netgear router with another provider. is this a router problem???? getting very infuriating!!! please help!!!! are there any settings i'm missing here or is it just the router????

Thanks in advance......

2. Advertisement
      richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Streaming to PS3 problem

first, can you do a wired test just to check its not the line, if all ok you could try changing channels and/or moving the router into different postitions.
      keep high and away from dect phones / PC / power scource as these will all interfere with the signal

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You don't say whether you are using wireless or wired. When you say it looses it's connection, do you mean with the internet or between the PC and PS3?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

john1673 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sorry. meant to say its wireless. also it doesnt loose conection to internet, only between pc and ps3(the pc acting as a media server). but only for a second, you can press play and away you go, but from the start of the film/album/tv show again.