Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Constantly dying while streaming

This is a discussion on Constantly dying while streaming within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; ARG! Right! Retyping this all out again as quick reply on this forum works differently then I'm use to. 10 ...

Metty is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Balmoral
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Constantly dying while streaming

ARG! Right! Retyping this all out again as quick reply on this forum works differently then I'm use to. 10 didn't work going to test 12 in a few minutes. Just want to bring out from my orginal post (what I think maybe doing this) that everything was working fine untill I was told to "flush" my DNS Cache with the dos command ipconfig /flush or something like that and since then streaming disconnects me etc etc. If this is the reason for this I don't know how to fix it as I've tried setting up a DNS with DynDNS.org and it still does it.

Any thoughts about this?

EDIT: So far so good on 12!
      Last edited by Metty; 21-02-08 at 10:55 PM.

2. Advertisement
      richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

give the thread a bump tomorrow, i'm not that techie about DNS, but someone else may shed some light tomorrow

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I set it to Gdmt but it still says in the stats its ASDL2
      Did you reboot the router?

It is strange that you have been capped and yet they still left you on ADSL2, I wonder if it is a bug and you are actually on G.DMT? It is also a bit strange you have been left on Fast channel and not switched to Interleave. This again could be a bug!

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Metty is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Balmoral
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well I'm home from college, left it streaming while I was gone. Nets still working - didn't know I was suppose to reboot my router after doing the gdmt/adsl2 thing in mognuts though :s But I am quite curious on if the flushing of the DNS with dos could of been the orginal culprit and changing my noise thing might just be a fix it temporary (not saying you guys are wrong or anything like that, Skys given me temporary fixes before and said it wont happen again) becuase it was still stable when it was running how it was till that point.

Since I'm the only one in my family who knows about computers and what not I guess I just want to know all the possible varribles (father taught me to always look at all probable and sometimes improbable reasons for things happening, but then he probably picked that up from reading Sherlock Holmes ) of what might of caused the problem to get to this point, and to know if theres a way of fixing it so its running how it was.

But aye, I do thank you guys for your current and possibly future help with this since I'm mainly a lurker on forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12