Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Do you use SKY's Router?

Voters
    55. You may not vote on this poll
    • YES - I USE SKYS ROUTER

36 65.45%
    • NO - I USE MY OWN

19 34.55%
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Who uses their own router

This is a discussion on Who uses their own router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I use both. BUT, I mainly use a DLINK DSL2640B which I have recently bought to sort out TWO Open ...

Yak
      Yak is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Wink Re: Who uses their own router

I use both.

BUT, I mainly use a DLINK DSL2640B which I have recently bought to sort out TWO Open NATS on TWO XBOX 360's.
      This router is the only one which fully supports two XBOX live connections simultaneously.
      The SKY router does not support 2 XBOX 360 LIVE connections, as UPNP is not properly implemented on the router (so I have researched).

I have had port UPNP enabled.
      Port forwarding to 1 XBOX and the other in the DMZ
      All to no avail, it simply will not work.

The DLINK router is in fact very very good, and has extra features such as QOS for diffrent protocols.

SKY might look at incorporating this router into their line up, as it is ready for IPTV etc.

EDIT:
      I'd just like to say that apart from the XBOX LIVE fiasco, the router that SKY shipped to me was fine. 100% reliable. I have no problems with it apart from obviously XBOX Live, which I have to have working as I have 2 kids both wanting to play different games with different mates.
      So if SKY are listening, please make a firm ware that will sort out the 2 xbox360 open NAT problem and i'll gladly plug it back in.
      Cheers
      Last edited by Yak; 20-02-08 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Additional comment

2. Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12