Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection to WLAN failed

This is a discussion on Connection to WLAN failed within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have a desktop pc working perfectly with a wired connection to my Sky router. I also have a laptop ...

anauk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01543
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connection to WLAN failed

I have a desktop pc working perfectly with a wired connection to my Sky router. I also have a laptop and another desktop which connected wirelessly up until yesterday but for some strange reason all I get when I try to connect is the message 'Connection to WLAN failed.'
      The Router is a DG834GT. I have tried re-entering the SSID and the network key and have messed about with all the settings so much not that I'm not sure if I've changed something I shouldn't have, although all the settings look correct to me.
      The laptop is running Windows Vista. When I click on my network it says signal strength excellent, security type WPA-PSK and Radio type 802.11g.
      I have checked the router settings and they all look ok, I think, well they seem to match what's on the back of my router as do the settings on the laptop. I've tried rebooting everything including the router. I don't know what else to try. I'm thinking it must be a problem with the router if both the wireless desktop and the laptop won't connect. Any ideas gratefully received.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Connection to WLAN failed

Have you tried connecting by ethernet? This is the first thing to try when wireless goes down. It could be your line has dropped it's connection, in which case Sky CS is your only option

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

anauk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01543
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes, the one desktop is still working and I tried the ethernet cable in the laptop and it worked then.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Try changing the channel, someone near to you may have a wireless connection which is messing up yours.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.