Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

cant go wireless with laptop sky broadband

This is a discussion on cant go wireless with laptop sky broadband within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; moved to router thread for more eyes. i cannot connect to the internet with my sony viao laptop i have ...

uk-guy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: cambuslang 0141
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

cant go wireless with laptop sky broadband

moved to router thread for more eyes.
      i cannot connect to the internet with my sony viao laptop i have configured the laptop to connect to the modem router but i cannot connect to the internet if i plug in my ethernet cable to the laptop it will go onto the internet sky had me confirm that all settings were correct in the end was told to contact the manufacturer of my laptop for help any help would be grateful as a laptop is no good if it cannot go wireless. iam using win vista when i called sky i was walked through the process of removing the security on the sagem router but to no avail it still would not connect to the internet i can however swap-files using the sagem modem on the laptop with other pc in my home network as far as iam aware there is no known 3rd party software blocking the connection to the internet all was working well with my bt voyager 2100

any help from the forum would be a massive help

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: cant go wireless with laptop sky broadband

Quote Originally Posted by uk-guy View Post
      moved to router thread for more eyes.
      That's not how the forum works - one thread per issue otherwise people will be responding not knowing that others have done so already.

If you feel your original thread is in the wrong forum then you need to ask a moderator to move it for you.