Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Is something wrong with my router? Can anyone help?

This is a discussion on Is something wrong with my router? Can anyone help? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi there, Can anyone please help me? I've been having a problem with my Sky Broadband since I got it ...

Adam14 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Is something wrong with my router? Can anyone help?

Hi there,

Can anyone please help me? I've been having a problem with my Sky Broadband since I got it a few months ago.

When I'm on the internet after a short time, my internet explorer keeps coming up with "Page can't load" or something like "Website not available", or simply just rejects the site with the address appearing "http:///".

It just can't find my connection. So I keep contiunously having to disconnect from my wireless connection, and re-connect to get the page to load.

Sometimes I end up having to restart my computer. Does this sound like a problem with my computer or my router? It is driving me crazy!!! It doesn't happen when I'm on another network ie. work, just when I'm on Sky Broadband.

I've tried switching off/on router and have downloaded new drivers for my wireless card. But nothing has worked, and it is now happening more often ie. about every 5-10 mins.

Many thanks for your help.

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Is something wrong with my router? Can anyone help?

Turn off UPnP in the router (see tutorial on this site).

If that doesn't work look at wireless signal strength and move the router/computer or change channel (especially if you can detect neighbouring wifi).