Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Warning About Sky and Routers

This is a discussion on Warning About Sky and Routers within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by Deady My parents Sagem broke recently, second light just flashes which to me looks like the router ...

westv is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chelmsford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Warning About Sky and Routers

Quote Originally Posted by Deady View Post
      My parents Sagem broke recently, second light just flashes which to me looks like the router itself is dead (Since its not the "trying to connect" light which flashes if the connection is down).

They called Sky and their support people seemed to concur because they said they'd send out a new router. Said it would be 5 days, never arrived. They phoned back and were told it never got sent out, that person then tried to send one out and "the computer wouldn't let them". They then spoke to a supervisor who said it should now be sent out as a priority, but still haven't heard anything or got a new router.
      I'm still waiting for my new router. Currently using a non Sky one to access the net. Think I might not bother chasing them again and keep the unofficial replacement. If Sky end up having a problem with that then I will just change providers.

2. Advertisement
      Deady is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I read another thread and figured out that it was the 1.9 firmware upgrade that screwed ours up. I restored 1.5 from the CD and it works now (and updated to 1.9 correctly).

Still, if I hadn't read that we'd still be screwed because they still hadn't sent one out last time we called, and wouldn't give us the username and password to use our own router either.

VsUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01709
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media 50mb
      Router: Virgin Superhub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

what have people who bought there own wireless router experienced? As I have had my own wireless router with build in printer server & other tools that the sky routers do no have. It seemed to work fine for a few days & them my connection would just stop & had real difficulty reconnecting & only by reverting back to the sky router did it work fine.

Also, im not to happy with the things im seeing from sky as of there service to customers & there ability to reduce your service & speed at there leisure whenever they need to squeeze more juice out the exchange to cope with more users is astonishing.

I on a few times told sky when they wasn’t helping me with problems that if they don’t sort it, ill just cancel all my services & go elsewhere, this is my telephone, line rental, max sky tv package & broadband. They soon changed there tune & was more than happy to put it forward to the CORRECT department this time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westv View Post
      I'm still waiting for my new router. Currently using a non Sky one to access the net. Think I might not bother chasing them again and keep the unofficial replacement. If Sky end up having a problem with that then I will just change providers.
      Thought I'd try a different tact and send an email using the form via the link in one of the other threads here. Sent Monday but as of this evening nothing has been heard from Sky.

andywilson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: High Pit
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Well Sky Digital Limited it says in the gaurntee that if the router keeps cutting out they will provide one free of charge and in your case they are breaking there T&C's just ring up and say that if any thing dosent happen i will take it up with court it worked with us

Thanks

If I carry on using my own router and don't bother wasting more time trying to get Sky to send me another one:-

Sky can cut my service off for non compliance with the t&c but they (currently) rarely/never do this
      Sky will not be able to offer any support for the new router and I should not ask them for support.
      If I have any problems with my connection I might find it slightly awkward getting support from Sky as I am using a non Sky router.

Is that all correct? Am I missing anything?

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Yes you are correct. You need to keep on at Sky and get a new router from them, even if you only use it when you contact them for help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      Yes you are correct. You need to keep on at Sky and get a new router from them, even if you only use it when you contact them for help.
      Ok thanks.

Thanks

Well I rang Sky again this evening and after getting cut off first time round got through to a guy in technical support who sounded like he knew what he was doing. Just checked on my "order status" page and...

Product - Wireless Router
      Latest Update - We are currently processing your order

Wohooo!!

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Result!! (maybe). you've waited long enough, it should arrive with a letter of apologue and a couple of free months subs! (Yeah right!)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast