Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Connected to Router,but cannot connect Internet.

This is a discussion on Connected to Router,but cannot connect Internet. within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; yes connecte tot he router via ethernet cable. canot get Wireless working yet, need to download the Dirver from the ...

scotty2007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01582
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connected to Router,but cannot connect Internet.

yes connecte tot he router via ethernet cable. canot get Wireless working yet, need to download the Dirver from the Belki site as the USP Wireless adaptor i have doesnt currently support windows officially but Belkin have the drtails on their site about it. I have downloaded the driver, and it seemed to install ok but no option to turnit on off and it wouldnt connect wireless to the router. I have since,as far as i can tell uninstalled all programmes relating to this and deleted the driver off my pc and unplugged the USB Adapter. As far as i can remember i could still access the internet once this had been done, i seem to remember however that i uninstalled the software whilst the internet problem was apparent. I checked the LAN settings and all are unticked , adn setting seem to match Sky Help settings and what Tech said on phone. Will get back to you regarding Firewalls software once i get to my PC.

2. Advertisement
      scotty2007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01582
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connected to Router,but cannot connect Internet.

Just to let you know spoemk to sky igher level tech support, and went through several different possibilities, firewalls etc, eventually the outcome decided on was that i had a "Browser Hijack" and the best solution would be to get the PC restored to how it was when we purchased it, bearing in mind we had only had it 2 weeks this wasnt a problem as there was no data on there. Rebooted the system last night back to how it was when purchased and all is ok. Next step installing Belkin G+ USB Wireless Adapter, on the PC with O/S Vista. Belkin Website seems to think this is easy so will give it a go!!! Thanks for everybody's help and suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12