Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Any advice Please.

This is a discussion on Any advice Please. within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Firstly I apologise if this is on the wrong board. I have read many of the faqs etc, and tried ...

rebelesque is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01706
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Any advice Please.

Firstly I apologise if this is on the wrong board.
      I have read many of the faqs etc, and tried most of the problem solving, but somehow I don’t think my Sky Broadband is ever going to come on again.

I signed up with sky after moving house, I was with Virgin media before which was brilliant but I can’t get it where I moved. At first Sky put me on the Sky connect package and it was good; didn’t have any problems, and was even activated before the due date.

On the 12th December they began migrating my service to a new package which is cheaper apparently although, they didn’t inform me they were going to do this, subsequently my internet went off and hasn’t been on since. I have spent hours on the telephone with Sky technicians all to mo avail. The first thing they said was to leave my router off for 48 hours if the Internet didn’t come back on, to telephone them again and they would dispatch a new Router. Anyway, it didn’t come back on and I didn’t think it would as I was getting error code 200. I phoned them again and this time they said they would send a new router and they did, promptly too.

I then phoned them again as it didn’t work and I was getting the same error code 200, and this time they said I was migrating and that the migration didn’t end until 6th January, but that I should be able to connect to the Internet and that I possibly could not connect because a server is down or something. I phoned them again a few days later, this time I was moved up a tier, and she said she didn’t know what was wrong, that I had been reserved at the exchange or something, so I decided to ring BT. They didn’t have a clue what I was talking about and said it had nothing to do with them. I mention LLU, thing I don’t know what it is to be honest but I knew it had something to do with sky broadband connections and whatever phone company you have your line with, she understood that and said it had nothing to do with them, and they don’t interfere with Sky bundles she also said there is no fault on my line.

It is impossible trying to get Sky to do anything or indeed tell me anything. I seriously don’t believe my Broadband is going to suddenly come on the 6th January 2008, and now I am just at my wits end with it all. They won’t give me my MAC code so that I can try another Broadband service as they say I have a contract. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
      Last edited by rebelesque; 29-12-07 at 09:52 PM.

2. Advertisement
      itype is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke, THBZ
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Any advice Please.

I could have sworn they had a 28 day guarantee on it or something. Meaning if you weren't happy with the service you could cancel it?? Unfortunetly you can't cancel unless you loose your TV Package.

I suppose you could cancel your TV, loose your internet and then reinstate the TV and move Broadband.

How long have you been with them for?

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

@rebel - thats totally unacceptable, you should not have to wait a month for them to transfer you to llu, if there equipment is not ready / faulty thats not your fault. If it was me I would demand that they put you back on connect until they resolve the issues with their equipment. As to you having a contract, they are right you do, but they arnt fulfilling their side of it which is a breach by them.
      Last edited by dholdi; 30-12-07 at 01:03 AM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by espio View Post
      I could have sworn they had a 28 day guarantee on it or something. Meaning if you weren't happy with the service you could cancel it?? Unfortunetly you can't cancel unless you loose your TV Package.

I suppose you could cancel your TV, loose your internet and then reinstate the TV and move Broadband.

How long have you been with them for?
      I have been with them for about three months. I wish now I had just got the TV package, and gone with another broadband connect.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
      @rebel - thats totally unacceptable, you should not have to wait a month for them to transfer you to llu, if there equipment is not ready / faulty thats not your fault. If it was me I would demand that they put you back on connect until they resolve the issues with their equipment. As to you having a contract, they are right you do, but they arnt fullfilling their side of it which is a breach by them.

I was thinking of asking them to put me back on connect. I did say to one of the customer services people they put me through to, when I asked for my MAC, that they were not fulfilling their side of the contract, but she obsfucated the issue, and put me through to someone else, claiming they could help me with the problem. One telephone call lasted an hour and I was passed round five different people, and none of them had a clue what is going on with my broadband. I can't get a straight answer. I have heard some horror stories on here about MAC changes they don't always go well.

Initially I was getting error 300 for about 3 days, so I phoned Sky and a tech said that I couldn't connect to servers but I could to web pages , and he asked me to type in bbc.co.uk, and it came up fine I was really baffled because I couldn't get any othe rpage up, he said the servers in some areas were down, after about 4 days of the error 300, I rang again and I got to a technician that cleared a the session, the internet came on for about 2 minutes and ever since then error 200. I rang back right away and thus it went on and on...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

error 200 is that you're not authenticating - sounds like BT haven't jumpered you correctly into the LLU equipment...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      error 200 is that you're not authenticating - sounds like BT haven't jumpered you correctly into the LLU equipment...

I phoned Sky again this morning, and was told this time that the Exchange has a problem which should be resolved by the 4th January 2008. I think I am being fobbed off as the tech was going to put me through to higher Tier and they came back with that message, I have had similar messages when they try to put me through to a higher tier, the last one was that the server was down or something they always sound like they fibbing somehow.

I pick up other Sky wireless routers and I assuming they are connected. In my Sky config page after a connection test, I get error code 200 and PPP server Down. I have one of the new black routers and the i light is constantly amber. I have been onto BT and they say the LLU is nothing to do with them.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

The T1 probably spoke to the CST group member and was told of the fault affecting service. Do you know what exchange you are on? If so we can look into it for you, I'm not on call till tomorrow but someone who has access to the status screen may wander past and have a look.
      BT won't do squat if you contact them about LLU, Sky have to do it and it IS a LOT to do with BT but you have to remember that BT and BT Openreach are two seperate groups (to a point).
      Just realised you are on Connect, this is an ongoing issue for some customers and Sky has been chasing BT on it for a few weeks now. Rebooting the router sometimes resolves it but if your connection is not working after a reboot then there is little that T1 can do, IP addresses were being logged last week that were not working after a reboot but I don't know if this is still happening.
      Last edited by PaulSky; 31-12-07 at 05:33 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      The T1 probably spoke to the CST group member and was told of the fault affecting service. Do you know what exchange you are on? If so we can look into it for you, I'm not on call till tomorrow but someone who has access to the status screen may wander past and have a look.
      BT won't do squat if you contact them about LLU, Sky have to do it and it IS a LOT to do with BT but you have to remember that BT and BT Openreach are two seperate groups (to a point).
      Just realised you are on Connect, this is an ongoing issue for some customers and Sky has been chasing BT on it for a few weeks now. Rebooting the router sometimes resolves it but if your connection is not working after a reboot then there is little that T1 can do, IP addresses were being logged last week that were not working after a reboot but I don't know if this is still happening.

Hi my exchange is Shaw in Oldham 01706 phone code. I have been taken of connect and that is when the problem began. I am not sure what I am on now. (nothing apparently lol) It is supposed to be a much cheaper price (5.00 a month) but with the same speed as connect which was priced at 17.99. I think it may be 8 meg, not sure though. Thanks for your help