Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No Internet light on router

This is a discussion on No Internet light on router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello For the past two days I have been unable to connect via the internet, at first I thought it ...

Saddsie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aylesbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No Internet light on router

Hello

For the past two days I have been unable to connect via the internet, at first I thought it might be a loose connection but then I discovered that the internet light on my router was off. I have been using sky for over a year with relatively no problems. I did all the tech stuff, change filter, master socket, rebooting but there is no change.

I have two questions firstly when rebooting or powering on the router should the internet light flash at any stage as it is completely dead even on start up, secondly when i run a sky test I get a error 100, what could this mean.

I have phoned sky and their solution was a new router (which I have been told will be sent out) They did the phone beep test and I could hear it and I explained that it might be the exchange but they never mentioned this as being the issue. I hope a new router is the problem as when i used to have BT i had the same issue and they were never able to fix it, as when there is a an exchange or a line fault broadband providers seem to experience difficulties in diagnosing and solving these problems.

Thanks in advance for your help

2. Advertisement
      tope-fisher is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: No Internet light on router

I had the same problem with the white Netgear router.

However it took them 2 weeks of messing about with line checks and changes with the exchange before finally admitting a router fault.
      You were lucky in getting them to admit the router problem so quickly.

When you get your new router ( chase them at service to ensure that the router has actually been despatched after a day or so ) you may find your line has been capped around 150kbs.

They apparently drop it to this sometimes when testing your setup. Do your speedcheck when its set up and if as low as I mention phone their service again to get the low capping lifted.

I got the new Sagem router and its been far more stable so far than the Netgear ever was.