Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Router blowed up.. But confused...

This is a discussion on Router blowed up.. But confused... within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; The whole situation is absolutely ridiculous. I suggest calling 020 7705 3000 and then ask for Customer Relations, but I ...

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Router blowed up.. But confused...

The whole situation is absolutely ridiculous. I suggest calling 020 7705 3000 and then ask for Customer Relations, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're not open now until Thursday.

2. Advertisement
      unseen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

My wife would like to say james.. That was creepy!!! She said exactly the same thing roughly when you did!!!.. I've had dealings with customer relations way back when we first got sky (we had a "long ladders" install) so got to know our local "Care Bear" as they called them (yes both us and the installer loved that title ) very well to the point where when we moved house he saw the job and picked it up to do personally..

Spoke to a very VERY nice woman who listened to my tale of woe.. took some details and asked me to hang on 5 minutes while she spoke to provisions. Came back within 3 saying the 1st person (at 1am on the 21st) was right and it was indeed an extended warranty job (or 65 call out) but when she tried to book it then (and this is where i think it all went wrong) there's currently no option to book a broadband box extended warranty call. Big oops!! Especially when she mentioned I was the first she'd dealt with but no doubt not the last as many others come to the end of their warrantys.. So all in all 20mins call and an engineer is booked to arrive on the 29th with a new router! my faith is slowly being restored (like my current v1 with plenty of duct tape to keep the power cable straight!) so here's to the 29th and normal service resuming...

If nothing else I hope the "fun" I went through means someone else will have a smoother ride!

And now off to wrap presents and decide if my kids are still on the nice list or not..

To all a Merry Christmas!!

Rob
      Last edited by unseen; 24-12-07 at 09:08 PM. Reason: typos... well it is xmas..

unseen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well.. Bit of an update..

Sky engineers turned up this morning... Came mob handed (2 of em) which confused the heck out of me as I was expecting them to just drop off the router.. ho hum.. Little disappointed mind ended up with a v1 again but thats ok as I just put the new psu on the old unit.. All seemed well but took a lot longer to come on than it usually does, when I mentioned this to the engineer he decided he'd leave the whole new router (was just going to give me the psu?!?!) and that was it..

So far all is well(ish) whether it's me or not but i've noticed the router (old) seeming to disappear which it didn't do before.. So I think tomorrow I'll wire in the new one completely and see how it goes.

So keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12