Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SRA in use now.

This is a discussion on SRA in use now. within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; It's certainly not going on in my exchange (Stevenage) was playing Tabula Rasa last night and was getting progressivly worse ...

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: SRA in use now.

It's certainly not going on in my exchange (Stevenage) was playing Tabula Rasa last night and was getting progressivly worse and worse lag in an instance, when we eventually completed the missions I went onto the router stats page and the SNR was 5.4!!!

I have no idea how I managed to stay online let alone play with some lag issues but another reboot got me going again.

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: SRA in use now.

Well, remember that, theoretically, the modem should be able to maintain a connection down to 0dB, the target noise margin is precisely that - a margin, intended to allow a certain amount of deterioration in line quality before the connection has to be retrained. But the lower the noise margin figure gets, the more strain is put on mechanisms like bit swapping and gain adjustment, and with the inadequacies in the Sky firmware, that can be a real problem.

@jmcmuk75 - if SRA has (however it came to be enabled) fixed your problems then that's great. I suspect that the big difference is that by fixing your internal wiring, you've reduced the variation in noise levels on your line to a level which the router can cope with, and having got to that point, you're seeing SRA operating, but it isn't really contributing much to stability. The sync speed variations are quite small, and I suspect the router may well have stayed connected even if the speed hadn't changed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12