Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

UPNP Broken

This is a discussion on UPNP Broken within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Yes, I get the same issue with UPNP on, after 16 mins can no longer surf the web or get ...

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Yes, I get the same issue with UPNP on, after 16 mins can no longer surf the web or get the router admin page resulting an a reboot. I beleive I suffered so many of these on Friday, my first true day of connection that I think the BT equipment has put my line on ultra safe settings, can't sync above 1664 and noise margin stays above 11db at all times, during the day its at 15db.

My old DG834G never had this issue, I sometimes had to tunr UPNP off and on to get it to work properly but it wasn't responsible for any lock ups.

When I first connected it on Friday it syncd straight away at 2752 and I was getting 2MB speeds. At present I have 1MB speeds whcih drop to under .25MBps speeds between 6pm and midnight. Yet my last stable 1MB fixed connection never had any speed drops, I am at a loss to explain this.

Waiting for the this speed to be connected 3 days straight, hopefully DLM will reset my settings to default and allow me to sync higher again, hopefully.

2. Advertisement
      dazzuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sittingbourne
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Mine is all switched on, I have no problems, but my router does not display in Network Places.
      Dazz
      Got Fibre, Yay!!

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      @dazzuk

This probably means that you havn't installed the UPNP network components for XP, if that's what your using. Go to My Network Places and on the task menu if there is an option for Show Icons for Networked UPNP devices click on it and the necessary will be installed, if it says Hide icons... then UPNP is installed on the PC. Turn off UPNP in the router and back on and it should show up in My Network Places and then count 15 minutes and it no doubt freeze.

This seems to be a well known issues with the DG834GT router, who knows why the sky boffins chose it as I can't find it for sale any longer, wonder why!

dazzuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sittingbourne
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      All is switched on and configured, but still no listing and no freezing.
      Dazz
      Got Fibre, Yay!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12