Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless and router issues

This is a discussion on Wireless and router issues within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I just got the netgear router through the post and have set it up. I have three computers (1 ...

sokath2k7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Wireless and router issues

Hi,

I just got the netgear router through the post and have set it up. I have three computers (1 pc, 4 laptops) connected wirelessly, and one via ethernet.

The ethernet connection works fine but the wireless connnections are not working correctly. Problems range from inconsistant connection to no connection at all.

On 2 of the laptops, and the PC the windows wireless networking tool attempts to connect to the router and then informs me that I have a very good to excellent signal but when they attempt to acquire an address the connection fails and it attempts to re-connect. The same happens again and again. One of the laptops functions flawlessly on the wireless, so i am at a loss to know why the other computer aren't working.

I have looked on this forum and have followed some advice that suggests disabling the UPnP but this still hasn't solved the problem.

ummm...help? please!

if information regarding the hardware being used is need i wil be more than willing to provide it.

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Wireless and router issues

If not encryption (test that by turning it off in router), it could it be a simple range problem -- laptop inbuilt wireless can be pretty weak. Test with computer and router in same room. Also look for neighbouring wifi and move to a channel 6 stops from strongest.