Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Router or Exchange problem?

This is a discussion on Router or Exchange problem? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Last weekend we lost our Sky broadband connection, and a call to tech support indicated there was a problem with ...

MightyQuin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWSTAI
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV:

Router or Exchange problem?

Last weekend we lost our Sky broadband connection, and a call to tech support indicated there was a problem with our exchange.

This has been the case on a couple of other occassions and it has just regained it's connection within a day or so, so we just left it. By Wednesday evening though, the internet light was still out on the router, so I phoned TS again, to be told the problem at the exchange had been fixed - and they proceeded over the next few calls to take me through a series of basic checks on the router which seemed designed primarly to force me to rewire my house!

After trying all possible alternative microfilters, phone sockets, cables, combinations of phones plugged in/out etc. there is still no "i" light. When they ran a tone test we did hear the beeps, which they said meant the line connection was fine and it must be the router that has broken.

We've had no problem with the router before, and it seems highly suspicious to me that it would have "broken" at the same time they acknowledge there was a problem at my exchange.

Basically we get no activity from the internet light on the router at all ... not even the flashing orange when first switched on or reset. Logging into the router just shows a status of "connecting".

Friday evening my call was escalated to tier 3, but I've still to hear back from anyone.
      In the meantime, I thought I would seek advice from here to see if anyone had any ideas or thoughts of whether this is more likely a router or phone line issue.

2. Advertisement
      MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:

Re: Router or Exchange problem?

There is no current outage at LWSTAI and I can't see any dating back to the 2nd.
      It sounds as if you've already correctly identified the component at fault, the router.