Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Router Login

This is a discussion on Router Login within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi All, I have just been activated on Max today. Everything seems fine and dandy except I cant login to ...

DHAC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Felling
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Router Login

Hi All,

I have just been activated on Max today. Everything seems fine and dandy except I cant login to my router. I have tried to reboot it twice and still the same just refuses the ususal admin and sky.

Any ideas before i ring sky?

I am trying to connect from a vista ultimate machine I have disabled McAfee and tried and still the same.

Thanks
      John

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Router Login

Try resetting the router by pushing a biro into the small hole below the power plug. Hold it there for about 10secs. The router should be fully powered up when you do this.

After the router reboots, try entering the set-up with the username password.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

francoisd2447 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Re: Router Login & modem

HI I got a problem with my router the modem status always says connecting and does nothing and this status remains all the time and I get an error code 100 when i do a sky test. Please please help, done a tone test that works is escalted to tier 3 but i will have to call them back between 11pm and 8am.
      The internet light never comes on should it come on when you plkug the router into the mains ? Using the sky netgear that they provide.

Thanks

Your router is not syncing with the exchange, if your phone is working there is nothing much you can do till you get a call back.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

DHAC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Felling
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

tried doing the paper clip in the hole routine. Router reset but still wont expect password.

Look like im going to have to call sky

Thanks

I recall this came up before on the forum, can't remember the outcome. You could try admin for the user and password for the password

TomD

Useful Utilites

kpax88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Being activated on max package will not change your router login details, thats upsurd... If you reset it by holding it 15 seconds (an ultra reset) all the lights will stay of, keep it for around a minute and then powercycle it, it will have fully reset properly, try this and login with admin/sky and see what happens. If this doesn't work, allow ur browser to accept cookies and optimise ur IE settings.