Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Can only access secure sites........please help me

This is a discussion on Can only access secure sites........please help me within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi everybody! I have been having a real mare with sky broadband and i am hoping that some of you ...

toofawon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01423
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:

Lightbulb Can only access secure sites........please help me

Hi everybody!

I have been having a real mare with sky broadband and i am hoping that some of you kind and knowledgeable people can help me please.

The scenario is that i am unable to connect to any websites other than secure ones when using the sky supplied router.

I have had a new router from sky as the first one gave up the ghost, but the problem has shown on both routers.
      My windows install is new, all necessary updates applied and is in good working order. The problem happens regardless of browser used (ie7, firefox and opera) and is a constant fault.
      I use comodo as a software firewall but it makes no difference whether it is running or not, i have even uninstalled it to see if that made any difference but it didn't.

The only way that i have found to "fix" the problem is to borrow a router (netgear dg834 non wireless version) and perform a URL injection to get my user name and password from the sky router.

When i hook up the borrowed router and put my user name and password in i can connect to the net straight away and have no problems at all connecting to any site secure or not.

Is anyone aware of any similar problems/misconfiguration that could be the cause and if there is a permanent fix as the borrowed router has to be returned soon.

in advance for your help

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Can only access secure sites........please help me

Rather strange, the opposite is more often the problem. Have you tried resetting the router by pushing a biro into the little hole below the power plug on the rear of the router. Make sure the router is powered on and hold it in for 10 seconds.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.