Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

connecting secong computer via wireless adator

This is a discussion on connecting secong computer via wireless adator within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; OK. I have successfully connected my sky broadband with my PC. what i am now trying to do is connect ...

maninder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

connecting secong computer via wireless adator

OK. I have successfully connected my sky broadband with my PC. what i am now trying to do is connect a second pc which is a Packard Bell, i got it in 2001. I am using the netgear WG111Tvsupplied by sky.

I have installed it on the pc not coming across any problems but when it searchs for the network nothing come up.

Can any1 help me???????

thanks aron
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 12-09-06 at 11:29 PM. Reason: added your username to thread ;-)

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Unregistered

Please register so we can follow any post you make as its very hard to keep up with Unregistered posts thanks.

Ok have you change any of the settings in the router ?

Moved to the router forum
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ok how do i do that

thanks for the quick reply

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thanks for registering maninder and Welcome.

Well as you are asking how do i do that then you haven't been in it there is a tutorial on here to explain how to administer your router >> Here << but in a nut shell do the following

1. Open your browser and type 192.168.0.1 username/password are admin/sky

2. Look to the left hand side and find this option Set Password go into that and change the default password from sky to one you will remember.

3. The still on the left side look at the top and you will see Wireless Settings go in there and change the default WPA-PSK set by Sky to whatever you like you may want to change the Name (SSID) as if there are more SKY ones around you it could confuse you but thats your choice and also change the Mode setting to Auto (I found a couple of my PC's on my network were not connecting but once I change that setting they all worked).

Now on the second PC click on the icon on the taskbar for the wireless connection and let it search for any available networks your should now show up if it doesn't click refresh and it will then click on connect enter the password you put into the routers (Wireless Settings - WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)) and it should now connect.

Hope this helps you get it going I don't think I missed anything out.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ok i will try that but i phoned up sky today and they said in order for a second pc to be wireless the first pc has to be wireless aswell. I made a point of making sure this was the case and she kept of saying it's the only way. Is the true?????????

vishal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kenton Road (LWKROA)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      thats definatly wrong.

it doesnt matter what each pc is, wether its wired or not does not matter, the pcs are running independatly of each other.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I agree with vishal

I think the person you spoke to needs to look up the meaning of wireless

As the router doesn't use a username and password to connect to SkyBB and as long as you have a working connection to them all you have to do is plug in the right leads in the right places on the router and off it goes so you don't even need to turn a PC on to connect.

I sure hope a member of SkyBB reads this and follows up on what you have posted maninder.
      Ray

click here