Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help needed - mac and pc user both trying to work from the same router

This is a discussion on Help needed - mac and pc user both trying to work from the same router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello - new to this so some help would be appreciated. Me and my housemate have just gone online today ...

thetom is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Help needed - mac and pc user both trying to work from the same router

Hello - new to this so some help would be appreciated.

Me and my housemate have just gone online today however I am a mac user and he has a PC lap top. We are both trying to connect via our wireless router however we cannot both access the internet at the same time.

I think this has something to do with wep/wpa configuration but the person who we spoke to in the contact centre was less than helpful and changed the network to suit the PC user and then simply told myself to contact Apple.

Is this a common error which occurs when initially starting up and if so is there any assistance that any of you guys could give us?

Any help would be much appreciated

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Help needed - mac and pc user both trying to work from the same router

what is the error you get?

could be an IP conflict error, i dont know much (anything) about macs, but maybe you can assign a specific IP address to each (either thru the OS on the PCs or within the router itself).