Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Router lockup - BUT ! Only on wired.

This is a discussion on Router lockup - BUT ! Only on wired. within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi there, I've been muttering about my pesky Sky Router for a while, persistantly locking up, not fast enough (I'm ...

paulheywood is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Binley, Coventry
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Router lockup - BUT ! Only on wired.

Hi there, I've been muttering about my pesky Sky Router for a while, persistantly locking up, not fast enough (I'm on max but get about 3.5 wired but less than that if I'm wireless ???).

I've tried a number of things to sort this out based on what I've learnt on this forum (unP etc.) but nothing made a difference.

In frustration I've now plugged the router directly into the master socket (with the same filter I always use) and I now just connect wirelessly... And it's been problem free all day...

Is this a normal scenario ?

My stats from when it was plugged into the desktop were a little worrying...

Line att > 60dB, although 'roughly' I should only be about 3k from the exch
      Noise Margin a fair bit less than the good average of 6.9.

Any ideas ?

Appreciated,

Paul.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Router lockup - BUT ! Only on wired.

When you say your router was locking up, was this when it was plugged into an extension? If it was and runs OK from the master socket, that tells us that it is your extension that is at fault. It is up to you whether you want to fix it or not, but you will have a faster more stable connection using wire if you do. There is lots of advice in the Cabling section of the forum.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.