Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

admin login question/s

This is a discussion on admin login question/s within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi! I am trying to log into my Dad's sky wireless router but the default usernme password comiation of admin ...

paxeaxe23 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

admin login question/s

Hi!

I am trying to log into my Dad's sky wireless router but the default usernme password comiation of admin sky doesn't work. Well, actually, I tried to login from my laptop wirelessly and then via ethernet with no luck. THEN I tried to login from my Dad's machine (via ethernet) and the initial netgear page with the statistics appeared in his browser (Safari on iMac) it seemed to be logged in, but if I tried going anywhere the login drop down menu came and didn't take the default values. I then logged out of this page and have been unable to get back in again.

My Dad assures me he NEVER looked in the admin of the router ;-)))) but I have to assume he did at some point and has forgotten!

My questions:

If I do a factory reset, will I lose his ADSL login/passwords or are these built into the default factory settings?

Can I access the admin area wirelessly or do I have to plug the ehternet cable in? Can I extract ADSL username/password wirelessly? ( I hope not)

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: admin login question/s

If you use the reset, it will put it back to the state that sky sent it (ie it includes the embedded username and password for syncing with the exchange).

You can connect wirelessly as long as you have enabled that in the router admin page... but if you cant get into that page then.....

If you did get to the stats page, then perhaps its a browser issue. Why not try your dads pc ethernet connection again, but use Internet Explorer.