Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help cs server , ip

This is a discussion on Help cs server , ip within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Ah! Log in to the router and look for the port forwarding table. Then configure port 27015 to go to ...

davefaz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Help cs server , ip

Ah! Log in to the router and look for the port forwarding table. Then configure port 27015 to go to machine 192.168.0.2

2. Advertisement
      alex-k is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Peterborough Central
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

doesnt work , i go to µTorrent Port Checker and it says port isnt open , i done same with port 21 and it works...
      I speak Russian / English / Lithuanian

terrorvis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Draytek 2830n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

To be honest, you would be far better off renting a proper game server. By what you have said, you seem to to want the public to find your server in the server list. This hardly ever works with the server built into the game. I know as I tried it for ages, this is confirmed in many steam fora. Cheapest are about £1/slot/month last time I looked.

I could only host my own server (which also showed up in the lists) by installing the dedicated server software (windows version available here)

In which case, you really need a dedicated machine. Otherwise your playing experience can be slowwwww.

If you actually get your server running, it could probably only run about 6-8 gamers, before the upload of your connection would get saturated causing massive pings for the users.

If you are just wanting a fun server for you and a few mates, it will probably work ok. But you will need to confirm your EXTERNAL IP to them each time they want to connect. You can however sign up at DynDNS.org and create an address, and update your router to use dynamic DNS with your username and password. Then your mates can connect using the address you have just created.

Then you will just need to open the port 27015 on your router and forward it to the machine running the server. This post will tell you how.

Game servers can be tricky to get going... you might need to do some more reading.

Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12