Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Using DHCP through my VPN?

This is a discussion on Using DHCP through my VPN? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I have VPN connected to my wife's office. They have provided her with an IP phone (Avaya 5602) and ...

Sparc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Using DHCP through my VPN?

Hi,

I have VPN connected to my wife's office. They have provided her with an IP phone (Avaya 5602) and I need to set that up. Mostly it's okay except that the phone should be dynamically assigned an IP from their network (i.e. through the VPN). Of course what happens is that the phone ends up being assigned an IP through from the Sky Router.

Can someone give me some tips on how i can configure whatever it is I need to configure so that the IP phone takes it's IP through the VPN?

My "sky" network range = 200.168.0.0
      VPN network range = 192.168.0.0 (and the phone should be assigned dynamically a 192.168.0.xx IP, not a 200.168.0.xx one)

Many thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      mossywell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSMEPK
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Using DHCP through my VPN?

I suggest confirming for starters that when you switch off DHCP on the Sky router that you do then get an address from the 192.168.x.x range. If you do, great - it means that DHCP requests traverse the VPN tunnel. If not, you may have bigger problems awaiting.

In general, coping with two unrelated DHCP servers can often be a minefield!
      IQ album "Dark Matter" artwork reproduced with permission. See www.gep.co.uk/iq for more information.