Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

is it safe...the router

This is a discussion on is it safe...the router within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; the sky router. the netgear one which they gave you. did you guys alter the settings at all? a friend ...

AliJaan16 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exclamation is it safe...the router

the sky router. the netgear one which they gave you. did you guys alter the settings at all? a friend of mine said it would be ok. as its got the wep/wpa (i forget) already on, which requires the network key on the router and you have mcafee... on my old one a proffesional and i mean proffesional (the guy is a airport computer programer for god sake) and it had all sorts altered and was on high security. is your router realy safe from people like parking up outside finding it on there scanner and hacking in? ...

2. Advertisement
      dingdong is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: is it safe...the router

It will be fine/secure on its default setting

The reality is you are millions of times more likely to get hit by problems from stuff you download on your computer yourself than from any hacking attempt from any one with a scanner even if you have no security on your wireless at all (in which case the most likely thing that would happen is someone might steal some of your internet service).
      Last edited by dingdong; 13-07-07 at 09:06 PM.