Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can't conect through wireless No Address?

This is a discussion on Can't conect through wireless No Address? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Morning,I have had my sky broadband for about 6 weeks working fine through wireless conection till yesterday morning when it ...

andy b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Can't conect through wireless No Address?

Morning,I have had my sky broadband for about 6 weeks working fine through wireless conection till yesterday morning when it than started saying ACQUIRING NETWORK ADDRESS and will not conect vie wireless but will fine through cable does anyone no what this means,nothing as changed as far as i no in house or on laptop to make this just happen thanks for any help.

2. Advertisement
      Cazzy07 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: sky broadband Net Gear
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Can't conect through wireless No Address?

Hi there,

I'm new and this is my first post! I had my sky for 3-4 weeks and then all of a sudden i couldn't connect to my wireless. So i called SKY (OMG) and they ended up having to send me a new box, maybe they need to send u a new box.

But now i have my new box and i can't connect wirelessly...the manual seems to be updated with some WEP and 192. ?? address to go to. I did that and got a new KEY....silly me put the old key in the prompt box and now i can't connect, i keep connecting to someone else with a crappy signal.

I am really on my last nerve so i hope someone here can help.

PLEASE!!!!
      Thanks in advance

fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

CazzyO7

Press the reset button on the router -- behind a pinhole on the same panel as the aerial. This will restore the settings in the router (if that's the problem).

If not, you need to change the settings in the Wireless adapter's utilities on your computer.

If your computer has a network connector, connect direct to the router by ethernet cable and disable the router's encryption, this will allow you to connect until you figure out how to use encryption.

The Sky CD help files include some instructions on how to do that.

Mr KP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wembley
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks fihart you saved me from pulling my hair out, I've finally soved the issue thanks to you.

Basically pushed the reset at the back of the router for 3-4 seconds. the tick sign started flashing andit rebooted. I rebooted my laptop and wireless was working like a dream.

Dont know why it stopped working all of a sudden in the first place?!?!?

Thanks again

P.S. if this doesn't work check you firewall program for configuration.

hallamj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Andy B,

I had the same problem myself, everything worked fine with the wireless then suddenly it stopped working. I borrowed a friend's laptop and it worked with their wireless connection for a few days then the same thing happened with their machine.
      I solved my problem by uninstalling mcafee and using system restore to go back to a point before the last windows priority update. Then I turned off automatic updates.
      Not sure if it was something to do with the latest microsoft update messing things up but it's weird how things would work for a while then stop working. The only difference to my machine I could think of was this microsoft update being installed on it. Or it could just be mcafee... if you have it installed.

Anyway, give it a go.

Jim