Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

not connected 2 sky

This is a discussion on not connected 2 sky within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; can any 1 help me please joined sky broad band. my line should of been activated on 30/4/07. but ever ...

abz21_07 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: luton
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

not connected 2 sky

can any 1 help me please joined sky broad band. my line should of been activated on 30/4/07. but ever since that date iv had problems connecting. pc upstairs phone line downstairs. tryd all their steps testing master socket, changing filter etc. technical were not helping at all kept fobbing me off 2 other people. i was getting pd off basically. then they transfered me 2 level 3 n he goes that do a tone check didnt hear it .but my phone line is working. so he logged a complaint 2 bt . bt go every thing is fine on the line and that u have been connected. so then level 3 do a test on the line and he then says that the results are very poor so he has 2 log another complaint . he goes bt will change sum card at your local exchange 2 a different 1 and that it will take 7 working days. i personally think its a faulty router 4rm wen i gt it. basically the i light doesn't come on . oh n i was told by sky 2 buy a sky wireless adapter because extension wires give a poor signal. so i gt 1 that is working fine all connected with good signal. just a problem with router i light. i even asked them 2 send out an engineer because he will no whats wrong and cud solve it but they go its nothing he can do its a fault from our part. so basically i have bin waiting all this time but still not connected 2 sky. apologies if this is a bit 2 long but i need all the help i can gt 4rm u guys.ne help wud b appreciated thanks. oh yeh im on max package. i think that they are messing about wid me and in the end they will say its the router. ne1 else had a problem similar. look forward 2 replies thank you.

2. Advertisement
      Grandad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: not connected 2 sky

I had a similar problem for five weeks, they said I was connected but like you I had no" i " light on the rooter. Eventually they sent me a new router and that was ok. It more than likely is a faulty router. Ask politely for another. I too went through all the same test, I really think it's the router fault.
      Last edited by Grandad; 12-05-07 at 07:07 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

yeh hi der m8 thanks 4 reply. thats what i fnk it is 2 m8 iv asked them already and they said theyll change the card at my exchange. so if that doesnt work ill definitely will want the router replaced.thank you m8.

Russ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston Bridge (ESLVB)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: ER115
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Have you tried resetting the router? Just an idea and if it worked saves a lot of waiting.
      http://www.speedtest.net/

Users armed with a little knowledge are dangerous things!
      Step away from the keyboard slowly............your right to use the internet has been revoked!
      You have a 'PEBKAC' problem

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

yes ive tryd dat m8 loads of times no result unfortunately.

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

have you another router (not sky) and tried that you will have to extract your pass etc but just a thought would tell you if its the router then

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

at the mo im on ntl so im nt sure if the 250 modem wud work m8.ill b disconnected by the 18th of this month. but they have offered me an excellent deal.im thnikin should i stay wid dem. but if you can let me no if i can try the ntl m8 wud b appreciated.

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

i really havent a clue maybe someone else does on here but it wouldnt hurt to try would it

look for mossywell's bounce sky router on this forum on how to extract your sky user/pass

note i am not responsible for anything that goes wrong lol

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ok m8 no i wont blame u m8 lol. iv had no problems with sky for my tv n nw wen im gettin broadband the problems start m8. under which section do i look m8

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Problem getting user name etc

the link for the app is in there somewhere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast