Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Router keeps turning off and dropping connection

This is a discussion on Sky Router keeps turning off and dropping connection within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; My adsl line went active on 2nd May, so I plugged in the router and went through the install process ...

algie62 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Sky Router keeps turning off and dropping connection

My adsl line went active on 2nd May, so I plugged in the router and went through the install process with 2 PC's connected through CAT 5.
      I had a power light, a wireless light, lights 1 & 2 for the 2 PC's and then the internet light flashed orange then turned green, exactly as expected and I had internet. A few minutes later all of the lights went out, then lights 1 - 4 came on, they all went out again, then came on again in the correct order. They have now been going through this process every couple of minutes ever since. Trouble shooting with sky led to them telling me that they would send me a new router, although when I checked today they haven't and I've apparently got to go through all of that trouble shooting again when I get home tonight before they'll send one out. Has anyone else had a similar fault?
      Thanks
      Alan

2. Advertisement
      Zubair is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Prestwich
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Router keeps turning off and dropping connection

I've got the same problem, except my router has been working fine since Feb. Just started doing this a few days ago. I called Sky and he said straight away that the router is knackered - how can you troubleshoot it if it keeps rebooting! Anyway, they said it will take 5 working days, it's too long without internet!!

psychocandy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: rhiwderin
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Router keeps turning off and dropping connection

Everything seems to be 5 working days with Sky...

Haven't they heard of whack it in the post next working day delivery? Not hard is it?
      Every day when I wake up I thank the Lord I'm Welsh